Yes, that’s right, it has been done. More than once. Actually, some of us at Little Byte have received a lot of slack consuming protein this way, especially for recipes adding Diet Coke(R). Full disclosure: these recipes do not bring the boys (or girls) to the yard.
Turns out, we are not the only ones doing this for a fast 50g of whole-food protein.
Out of protein powder? No problem! This great tasting protein shake combines canned tuna with banana, milk, honey and peanut butter.
With that out of the way, there are (slightly more) legit cooking reasons for blending fish. See this recipe post from Moly Grater, for making fish patties.
Want to try it, or otherwise alienate yourself? Here are some quick links from Amazon:
- If you don’t have one, try a cheap personal blender like the Hamilton Beach Personal Single Serve Blender or slightly more versatile but expensive Cuisinart Smart Stick
- Wild Planet Wild Albacore Tuna, yes use wild caught for all of our sake
- Powdered Peanut Butter, dry powders are so easy to blend and carry, and save on transportation and shipping costs
- Add a banana, or other powdered green superfoods for flavor (much needed)
- (Optional – we have seen the crazies try this with Diet Coke. )
If you want more high protein recipes, consider this cookbook: Essential Bodybuilding Cookbook: 150 Healthy, Simple & Delicious Recipes